How to update a server:
I know a lot of you will be updating your servers for 1.3.1. But…how?
After updating over 145 plugins today and working 5 hours strait, I’m done updating! YAYYYYY!
- Backup! Backup! Backup! I advise using a plugin such as Mine backup for this. Or if the server is home hosted, copy the server into your hard drive. Warning: Backup Plugins do sometimes break privacy laws, use with caution!
- Update the server jar file to a dev build if it’s early in development (some are broken). Always try to use recommended builds.
- Install the big plugins, one by one. Test them, and update all the files possible. If they don’t work, log it and delete it. For smaller plugins you can update them in chunks.
- Test everything works together in chunks, maybe see if the update works for a friend.
- If plugins didn’t work, wait a few days and check they’ve updated.
- Share reports with friends, maybe that will help make their server updating simpler.
- Your Done!
If you need help, feel free to comment. 😉